Did you know that drinking water at certain times of the day can have a dramatic effect on the body? It is true, every day I start my morning off with a large glass of room temperature water to awaken my internal organs and get “things” moving. Water is a necessity for the body, it helps to regulate blood pressure, helps with digestion and can help avoid stroke and heart attack. Below is information that was written by a cardiologist and was an email sent to us from one of our clients explaining the best times of the day and how much water to drink so that risk of illness may be avoided.
- 2 glasses of water upon awaking will activate internal organs
- 1 glass of water before a meal will help with digestion
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a bath can help lower blood pressure
- 1 glass of water before going to bed avoids risk of heart attack, stroke and/or leg cramps.
Depending on what literature you read our bodies are made up 75%-90% of water. Every organ, muscle and cell in your body uses the water you drink to help keep your body working every single day. Dehydration can be a serious issue and by the time you’re thirsty your way behind in your water intake. Here are some signs that you may be dehydrated before you even become thirsty.
- Hunger ( if you notice you’re hungry after eating a good sized meal – drink water before putting more food in your mouth, your thirsty, not hungry)
- Foggy thinking
If you would like more information about how much water you should be drinking daily or have health information you’d like to share with us please feel free to contact us.
To Your Health,
Dorothy and Lori
Tags: dehydration, depression, healthy eating, importance of water, los gatos lifestyle coaching, Nutrition coaching Los Gatos, nutrition coaching san francisco, signs of dehydration, Stress, weight loss